Friday, August 25, 2006

Photo of the Day 8/24/06

The view approaching and outside of the county fairgrounds on Thursday night. I live a block from here (on the approaching photo side). The fair opened on Wednesday, and the sweet aroma of fair food has been wafting it's way in through my windows at night. Mmmm...funnel cakes! And corn dogs. And elephant ears. And philly steak sandwiches. And uber-greasy curly fries that leave your hands smothered in ketchup. And...I'd better stop there.
Actually, I'm not sure if I am going to the fair. I don't go on the rides. I don't have tickets to any of the events *(see below), and I don't want to be tempted with all the food. Although, there are a couple delicacies I would actually GO to the fair just to eat if our fair actuallt served them. One being the the deep fried Twinkie that was all the rage in the fair circuit last year and the other being a deep fried Snickers on a stick, featured in this article. I've never had either of these, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a week's worth of fat loss to try them! (Sigh) It's a good thing our fair is pretty primitive.

*A country band whose namesake is a partial pseudonym for the state of Texas will be in town tonight, and sadly I don't have tickets. At the time they went on sale, I had a $20 bill and $3 in my checking account (I was in the middle of an unplanned residence change). I've seen this band here before. I don't particularly care for them as much these days, but I'd still like to see them. So, I'll open up my windows this evening to hear the residuals and sulk while I clean house. Bummer.

No comments: