Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Photo of the Day 8/28/06

Game "souvenirs" from the county fair. This is from the game where you shoot bb's at the target, trying to eliminate all of a red star. I think the ones on the bottom are mine (the worse ones) and the top are the boyfriend's. I don't have enough patience with this game. I figure out which way the "gun" is off, and then proceed to go fully postal, firing all the bb's like I'm under siege in a ganster movie. I can't help it. Patience isn't something I have. The boyfriend, on the other hand, can just carefully shoot a few bb's at a time, carefully planning his next shot.
So yeah, we did the "fair thing". It was okay...though I feel a little sorry for the fair organizers. We had rain on and off Friday morning, most of the day Saturday (torrential!), and then rain loomed all day Sunday until about 6 o'clock (the same time we were headed home). It was very warm on Friday, so I closed all the windows and turned on the a/c...completely drowing out the country music concert that was going on. So I didn't sulk. We did however pass a booth that was selling BOTH the deep fried Twinkies and deep fried Snickers I'd raved about, but since we had just eaten Subway and I'd downed a sugary large iced tea, I passed on the opportunity. I know, I said I couldn't pass that up, but well...I need the scale #s to go down, not up, and I'd had my quota of "junk" for the weekend. Next year, I will plan ahead partake!

No comments: