Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Photo of the Day 8/9/06

More from the Hennepin Canal.
I can't help it -- I love this place. It combines history with exercise and the outdoors...
some of my favorite things. This particular photo is of a small area I call "Stonehenge" because of the lineup of concrete mini-walls. I am guessing that back in "the day", these little lineups were used to separate boat-docking drives. But I could be wrong. Hopefully later this week I can get over to the visitor center and ask a bunch of historical questions I have about sites on the canalway. If I could figure out how the get to the other side where this is, I think I could find the answer myself. I believe there are little information stands across there that may tell just what the heck that used to be. For now, it's a boat-docking station to me.

No comments: