Friday, December 07, 2007

Pesto and 4-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

First of all - I'd like to apologize for my photography. In the first place I'm not looking to have any fancy photography, but I'd sure like the lighting to be better than it has been. It must be something about the compact fluorescent lights I have that makes everything glow orange and hardly allow for a non-blurred pic. Anyhoo - on to the mushrooms. These were good, though I'm not sure they were the best choice to go along with BBQ and Risotto (and I'm sure some folks would scoff at the thought of BBQ and risotto together...). Something about pesto thrown in that flavor set just didn't bode well with me. I'll have to think of another meal these could go with.


Pesto and 4 Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
(Adapted from Taste of Home bulletin board)

2 pkg large fresh mushrooms
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6T jarred basil pesto
Olive oil for coating

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Using a Tablespoon or Teaspoon measurer (depending on size of mushroom) hollow out the inside of the mushroom by twisting the measuring spoon back and forth, discarding debris. Brush inside and out with olive oil.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cheeses and pesto reserving 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for later. Stuff the cheese-pesto mixture into the mushroom caps. Arrange the caps on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the mushrooms with the remaining parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.

1 comment:

bakingblonde said...

Those look amazing! I can't wait to make for a baby shower I am hosting. Thanks!!