Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Photo of the Day 6/27/06

I had tossed around the idea of doing a "photo of the day" as some other blogs do, figuring it would get me to notice my environment a little more and get some use out of my uber-expensive digital camera that anymore just collects dust. So I've been carrying the camera with me just in case I come across something interesting. I guess the photo thing will being today, as I've found "influence".

Today's photo:


This was the state of my desk approximately 10 minutes ago. Yes, that is coffee. On some important paperwork and drenching my keyboard. Though there was a lid on the coffee cup (I spill so often I had to get a lidded mug!), I whacked it so hard that it spilled anyway. Still in good humor, I grabbed that trusty camera and snapped away.

But that's not the end of the story...

So I move the coffee cup further to the left to start cleaning up. In process, I knocked the damned thing over AGAIN spilling the remainder of my full cup on the other section of my desk. With no papers to absorb the mess, it spread under my big-honkin-auto-stapler, my adding machine, and onto the floor (and all over every computer wire) via the 1/2" gap between desk sections. No camera for the second spill, as my face had to be beet red. I was super pissed.

At this point I guess I can reveal how my day started.

Alarm ringing. Woke refreshed and on time. Had plenty of time to get ready. Yet I found myself with my tiny tank top when I noticed I forgot my bra (and I need one). A few minutes later, I caught myself putting on a sandal before my pants. I thought, what in the hell is wrong with my brain this morning? Then, whilst driving to work, I realized I forgot deodorant.

Good gravy, I hope the evening goes better--I have 2 classes to teach and workout to get through!

No comments: